Byrne Seminars are taught by tenured faculty and/or senior administrators. Courses range in topics meant to arouse the intellectual curiosity of our undergraduates and introduce first-year students to the resources of Rutgers.
- Meet with your class for 1.25 hours once per week for 10 weeks, or for 2.5 hours once per week for 5 weeks.
- 20 student maximum in each seminar; 10 student minimum. Sections that do not meet the minimum required enrollment of 10 students will be canceled before the end of the add/drop period.
- All instructors must review, sign, and return the Byrne Instructor Agreement by the established date. Contracts not received by the deadline will result in cancellation of the course.
- The individual listed on the Instructor Agreement must be the person who is teaching the seminar. The office must be notified if any changes are necessary.
- All new and returning faculty members are required to attend an orientation session, typically held in August and September.
- Use approved syllabus template and submit a copy of the syllabus to our office by the established date. Your posted office hours must be included on the syllabus.
- Requests for seminar enhancement funding must be submitted via our website by the last week of September.
- Complete a Byrne survey at the conclusion of the seminar.